Bunny Boarding at Special Bunny
NOTICE: We are FULL for Christmas and New Year 2016-17 (12/22/16 - 1/2/17)
Going out of town? Need a fabulous 'hotel' for your bunnies while you are gone? Lucky for you, Special Bunny offers fabulous boarding services! You can bring your bunny or bunnies to our shelter in Carnation and board your bunnies under the watchful eye of and loving care of Angie, our founder. Your bunny will have his, her, or their own clean and tidy space to lounge around while you are off having fun somewhere else (well, as much fun as you can have without your bunnies!)
Here are some of the benefits of boarding at Special Bunny:
- An experienced caretaker. We've seen it all when it comes to bunnies, and can step in if any problem arises while you are gone to give expert care to your bunnies.
- A super-clean environment. All boarded bunnys' areas are cleaned at the same times as our other bunnies...three times a week.
- Incredible hay. We use hay from an organic-practices farm for all our bunnies, and they love it. Don't be surprised if your bunnies end up addicted to our awesome hay...lucky for you we sell it too!
- All the supplies are on us. We provide the space, clean towels, litterboxes, litter, hay, food...everything your bunny needs. No need to pack up and haul everything over with your bunny...unless you want to! If you have special food or supplies, we are happy to use them.
- Lots of love. Our volunteers swarm over the shelter three times a week, oohing and ahhing over all the bunnies as they clean up all the spaces. Your bunnies will get lots of admiration and attention while they are with us.
- Grooming or bonding if you request it. While your bunnies are with us, we can take care of basic 'bunny maintenance' like nails, glands, and ear cleaning. We can also help you bond your own bunnies, or even find one of our bunnies to bond with your singleton! Drop off one or two, bring home a snuggly pair...what a great deal!
- $10 per day for one bunny or a bonded pair.
- Please call for pricing for bunnies who are ill or have special needs.
- We offer discounts for long-term boarding.
What to bring
We provide all the supplies for your bunny, but it's important that you bring a few things with you when you bring your bunny to board:
- A familiar towel with their 'home scent' on it. You can use a towel or rug that they usually have in their enclosure, or sleep with a clean towel in your bed for a few days to get it smelling like you. Home scents are very soothing for bunnies, who are very territorial.
- Favorite toys. If your bun is attached to a toy, bring it with you!
- Any special foods. We provide high quality food for all of our bunnies, but if your bunny is on a special diet, you should bring it with you.
- Any special instructions. Let us know which vet you like to use, any veggies that are particular favorites, lists of veggies that don't agree with your bunny's tummy, etc.
- Any medications. Don't worry, we are VERY experienced with all bunny medications and will certainly give them to your bunny as prescribed.
Interested in boarding your bunnies with us? Contact us.
Please fill out and bring our boarding form with you.
We are FULL for Labor Day 2016 (8/22 - 9/4)
Please BOOK EARLY for the holiday season...we are filling up fast for all autumn and winter holidays in 2016!