Volunteer at Special Bunny
We are always looking for volunteers who want to help us help the bunnies. We always need reliable helpers to come do some cleaning, snuggle bunnies who need attention, help out with our online activities, help bring bunnies to the vet and pick them up, and lots of other things. If you are interested in volunteering, contact us and let us know how you might be able to help.
Cleanining the shelter and caring for the bunnies
Our most pressing need is for volunteers who are willing and able to come help us on cleaning days at the Carnation shelter. Here's what that entails:
- You volunteer to come regularly on one (or more!) of our cleaning days, which are sundays, wednesdays or fridays for 2-4 hours.
- We don't need you to commit to every single week, but we do need some kind of regular commitment, because otherwise scheduling becomes very difficult for us. You can choose to come 1, 2, 3 or even 4 or more times a month.
- You will need your own transportation.
- You should be able to lift 30-40 pounds without difficulty. Most of the work is much lighter than this, but occasionally volunteers do need to lift bags of litter, which weigh 40lbs.
- The work includes refreshing litter boxes, vaccuming, refilling water towers, replenishing hay, and petting the bunnies!
Bunny Snugglers needed!
Want to help, but can't do the cleaning? We understand. We also need commited bunny snugglers. We're looking for people come out on a regular basis and hold, pet, and talk to the bunnies. Bunny bonding experience is a big plus but not required--we'll even train you to help bond bunnies if you are interested. This can be a HUGE help to us and to our bunnies. We have so many that not all of them get all the attention they crave and deserve. The more interaction they get, the more adoptable they are. We'd like our bunny snugglers to have some experience with rabbits. If you don't have any experience but want to become a snuggler, plan to come out for a few cleaning days to get some 'training' and experience.
...and other duties as assigned
Are you great at fundraising? Do you love playing with websites? Are you an email maven? Are you willing to sell hay from your house? Let's talk! We can always use help from people who have energy to put towards Special Bunny but can't make it out to our shelter.